Home use test to control the gluten-free diet through urine samples. GlutenDetect allows to know if there has been a gluten intake in the last 2-24 h.
GlutenDetect URINE(12 test)
GlutenDetect Urine (12 test). Urine test for self-detection of gluten intake.
Home use test for managing the gluten-free diet through urine samples. GlutenDetect allows to be aware if there has been a gluten intake in the last 2-24 h. This test detects Gluten Immunogenic Peptides (GIP) or gluten fragments resistant to digestion. Its use is recommended for celiac or gluten-allergic people who need to control their gluten-free diet, as well as all those people who for other reasons want to avoid the intake of this protein.
The test is a lateral flow assay, which consist of a cassette where a test strip is inserted within a plastic frame. It has a zone, where the sample is deposited and a reading panel where the results appear in 15 minutes.
Now we have included the GlutenDetect calendar so that you can keep an even more exact control of your Gluten Free Diet.
HOW TO USE
The urine sample is collected with the urine catcher. With the included syringe, the sample is added to the tube containing the conditioning solution. After stirring for a few seconds, the cap must be unscrewed and 4 drops of the mixture are added to the cassette (S) zone. From this moment, the sample advances by capillarity along the strip and the reaction begins. The result appears after 15 minutes in the results panel.
Reading results: two lines indicate that the result is positive and that there has been a gluten intake in the last 2-24 hours. A single green line indicates a negative result. A single red line or none indicates an invalid result.
- Cassette with test strip (x12)
- Conditioning solution (x12)
- Disposable plastic syringe (x12)
- Urine Catcher (x12)
- Quickguide in English and Spanish
- GlutenDetect Calendar for the control of the Gluten Free Diet
Store in a cool and dry place.
PRECAUTIONS AND WARNINGS
- The cassette foil pouch and tube with the conditioning solution should not be opened until the moment of use.
- The kit is for domestic use and includes all the necessary material for the test.
- The result only indicates whether a gluten intake has occurred, thanks to the detection of GIP (gluten fragments) in the urine. It is not a diagnostic test for celiac disease.